Sunday 14 July 2013

The beginning of a summer blog

Good Morning from Sunny and beautiful St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada,

I've realized I've neglected this site for a bit of time, so I've decided to use both the blog portion of it to post comments, suggestions, ideas and opinions about 21C learning, and learning in general.

My goal in life is simple: Be the best teacher I can.

So, I want to share some of the things I've learned, am learning, and will learn.

Next year is my first full year teaching a new Grade. I've been teaching Grade 5 for 5 years now and am exploring the joys and challenges of Grade 3. This will be an, admittedly,  challenging year for me as a teacher as it will force me to be organized in ways I have never done before. As a result, this summer I will be exploring a lot of simple organizational tools for my new kids

I'm hoping to be doing a more more screencasts as well. They're going to start with googleapps stuff, like the very basics of logging in and exploring the bar along the top of the screen, to creating folders. Later on I'll hopefully get into some apps like conceptboard, mindmap, or lucidchart.

And this summer...I've got the time. So bear with me as I explore my own head in ways to help Grade 3 students, and students all over the world, learn.

Thanks for paying attention, and as always, suggestions are welcome!

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment